Monday, September 04, 2006

Resting in the Eye of the Hurricane


Well here it is. The BLOG!

We are currently sitting in the poverbial eye of the hurricane. On one side we have the whirlwind of activity that has been us trying to extricate ourselves from Canada and all that is familiar here.







On the other side we have the excitement and hard work that await us in England.


Genevieve and I spent the last few weeks of August packing up our items, selling them, throwing them out, and (my personal favourite) leaving them on the street and pretending we'd never known them. Things were pretty crazy.

We're now staying at Madeleaine's house (a crazy and wonderful friend of ours) whilst Genevieve and I finish working this week. Then it's off to my Father and Stepmother's house in Wellington, back to my Mother's and Stepfather's house in Sutton and then on to the plane and off to England. Genevieve are flying first class so hello free drinks baby!

Right now is pretty calm. We'll be bouncing around for the next couple of weeks but then we're off to the Tornado of fun that will be London England. I'm a little concerned about having to walk in to a foreign classroom with no time to prepare and teach. It's not like I haven't been through this in Korea though and at least the kids speak English!

First post done. I'm off to figure out how to run this Blogger thing. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Hey folks! Congrats on starting the blog, and for taking the giant leap across the pond. Definitely looking forward to hearing more from you. And you've just given us one more good reason to visit the UK.

Edukator said...

Thanks Paul! I know I've been resistant to the Blog but now I think I'm addicted.