Friday, September 22, 2006

A Ray of Hope


I got a call from my mother today and apparently the British High Commission called and said my visa is in the mail! It should arrive Friday or possibly Monday. I'm heading back to Sutton tomorrow (Friday) to await its arrival. Hopefully it arrives and I can get a flight out same day...or at least before Monday. Amazing how this news has opened an emotional door I thought I'd lost. I've literally felt completely flat for days and days. I thought I was just getting old and worn out but it turns out I was just FREAKED OUT! England heeeere I come!

Oh...Rent. Terrible. I know I know. You love it, it was so moving, the singing was so wonderful. I'm going to forget about your feelings and say: WRONG! Unfortunately I can't contest the cachy-ness of the songs. LA VIE BOHEME! Goddamn it! LA VIE BOHEME! Take this song out of my head! Remove the (One song) rest of (Glory) songs from (One song) from my (before I go) head (Glory) before I kill myself. I can sing the whole FIVE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED MINUTES by heart and I've only seen the movie once. This movie is way to way too bouncy and it's trying way to hard. It's also very cliche, or so I thought. Maybe it was hard hitting in the early nineties or to the Broadway musical crowd who can't believe they've seen a drag queen or someone shooting heroin or gay people but I've seen this all before and done way better.

Proof: Great acting. I think they messed something up in the movie version cause I just didn't quite get if that Dad (Anthony Hopkins) had been crazy the whole year he and his daughter (Gweneth Paltrow) had been doing math together or not. Completely confusing. Great performances though. Paltrow is amazing.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Hey that's great news!!! Glad to hear things are turning around for you. No more couch mode for you buddy.