Monday, October 29, 2007

Genoa Dreams Dashed

No Genoa for me.

I got to the airport pulled out my passport and...get this... it's hillarious! I pull out the passport and hand it over right? And she...now this is the good part...hands it back and...it's my wife's! HA! I grabbed the wrong passport. All flights are booked to Genoa until Thursday! HAHAHAHAHA! HA! HA HA HA! sob...

I was just looking on a great site from our good friend Mr. Stromoloupopous at the CBC. I know it's probably spelled wrong but I'm sure he's used to it. It's called "Is this a good idea?" They show product ideas and you vote whether you think it's a good idea or not. There's one for the Velo car which I think is a great idea except they cost $9 - 12,000.


Basically they're super aerodynamic, cover you in rainy weather, travel through snow (though I don't know how well protected you are) and can be power assisted to make travelling easier. Now I know they look ridiculous but so does the Smart Car and the Hummer but that's also their appeal. I say make 'em affordable and they'll take off. I personally would love one. They're hillarious.


Check out Canada's dealer at http://www.bluevelo.com or the video at http://goodidea.cbc.ca/

Why is this not on my environmental blog you ask? It's doesn't fit its mandate of easy to implement affordable and effortless changes that people can make. This one is expensive and a huge paradigm shift.

No comments: