Monday, January 01, 2007

January 1 2007

Well this is it. A New Year. Usually I look forward to the New Year with great anticipation. I am looking forward to a big year but I'm also very stressed because I have to back and teach again. Oh no!

The upcoming year will certainly have some big events in it. The winds of change that started to blow when I decided to go back to get my Bachelor's of Education in 2005 will to howl and blow. Babagenouche and I did a recap of our accomplishments this year and I can't figure out why I think my life is boring all the time.

Here are my accomplishments in no particular order except mostly chronological.
- Completed second teacher placement.
- Completed mountain of work - much of it inane - for Teacher Training.
- Completed Bachelor of Education
- Met wonderful friends at Teacher's College (you know who you are!)
- Taught Drama to Mentally Challenged Adults
- Packed up apartment, life, moved to Britain
- Survived some of the toughest emotional times in my life:
The denial of my Visa, Getting Stuck in Canada, Getting a job in Canada in the meantime,Getting to the Airport to find I'd missed my plane, Finally getting to Britain, Adjusting to Britain, Teaching for the first time, Teaching in a different system/culture/difficult students. (There I said it. Difficult! Not challenging. Difficult. Let's be honest they're difficult to handle. )
- Began to learn a new language: British.
- Found a school with one of the best staffs one could imagine.
- Started to get more organized.
- Worked harder than I've ever worked to try and get things going in my first term of teaching.
- Set up new life in Britain.
- Started this blog!


Babagenouche was going to contribute but she's fallen asleep on the couch so I'll have to toot her horn for here a bit.

- Had the courage to cross an ocean and audition for Masters Acting programs in order to follow her dream.
- Was Accepted from hundreds of applicants for a very specialized and select program.
- Packed up life and moved to Britain to continue her dream
- Worked intensely and with great commitment through very difficult program.
- Promoted from 12/hr job to $40,000 per year job in one year. Quit. :)
- Organized, planned, and initiated most things needed to get life moved to Britain. Dragged husband moaning and wailing the whole way.
- Received excellent praise and feedback at end of first term.
- Found apartment and room mate when all looked lost.
- Survived the Visa denial fiasco.
- Endless source of love and support.
- Inspiration

Resolutions:

Endeavour to Persevere
Stay Positive
Believe in Possibility
Get in better shape.

And now I leave you with some thoughts and images I hope will carry you and me through the New Year.

"Perseverance and Honesty are more important that Brilliance"



PATIENCE



PRACTICE



PERSEVERANCE
























1 comment:

slaghammer said...

It helps to record your activities, and then stand back and view them as if they belonged to someone else.