Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Good News for a Change

Well, despite my best efforts this year I've had some serious struggles with classroom management. It's been a great year in some ways but in other ways it's been really tough. My classroom management skills are not where I would like them to be. To be honest the school hasn't been to happy with me on that level.

But today...

I got observed and things went wickedly well! My head of department is quite a what's the word...ball breaker. She's been hard to deal with as she tends to be more critical than helpful. I've had a very hard time controlling this class so we've been cracking down on them and, of course, when she's in the room they're quiet and terrified. I got observed a few weeks ago and it went well and she gave me some feedback - which I took on board.

This lesson I did went as perfectly as a lesson can go really and she actually seemed happy and was positive at the end!

I feel like this is one of my first major victories in education.

I'm learning a lot this year. Teaching ain't easy I'll tell you that much.

But for today I feel good.

2 comments:

babagenouche said...

Congratulations my love - fight the good fight! So proud of you!!!

Anonymous said...

We are proud of you out in Lotus Land too. V.